Wednesday, January 3, 2007

I Will Always Remember You RICK [James]


I will always remember you Rick. I remember the first time we met. You just had your medical heart device installed and you were recovering at Cedar Sainnai Hospital just down the street from the Beverly Center. We were supposed to shot that day but of course you were incapacitated from your recent stroke, or were you? You called me this same day to let me know of your resulting circumstance which prevented you from showing up. You said that you were mad that you couldn't be pressing on with your projects. You invited me to your hospital room and of course I raced there to meet the man I considered to be the greatest ever. I arrived and saw you enjoying some conversation with your wife Tanya(now x-wife). You greeted me with the enthusiasm of a young man and I greeted you with the enthusiasm of a young boy - I am still your biggest fan! You knew how much I loved you and you lived up to everything I had imagined. You invited me to unveil my tucked camera then showed me one of the greatest performances in front of my lens, even in your moment of weakness. You stayed in touch with me and arrived at my house a month later so we could finally do a shoot our way. You gave me the full Rick and I was speechless. You really gave it up on the last two exposures I took. The shot with the joint and the shot with your back turned to me. You invited me for several Sundays to cook curry chicken for you, your family and friends. You invited me on other occasions when you just wanted someone to talk to. You spoke to me of the several religions you studied. You sang and played your guitar live for me in your room to "Hollywood"! You introduced me to everyone as if it was I introducing YOU to one of my friends. You gave me much insight about the world. You had me taste your signature sangria before you passed it around. You were always kind and accomodating to my family and friends. My oldest daughter, Lexi, always finds a way to bring your name up. She remembers all your parties. She was two. I have three daughters now. You made some posters of the shot with the joint we made in Marina Del Rey and you signed it: "Your bro forever"-Rick James. I am your bro forever and I will always remember you Rick. I speak regularly with Ty [daughter] as our friendship grows stronger and her music soars higher. You would be so proud of her. Hell, it was because of her that I met you. I spoke with little Rick a couple of times and I try to keep tabs on Taz who is quickly becoming a man. He is hanging with his grandparents and loren. I spoke with "Little Rick" a couple of times and I have faith that he will find his way in this world. Loren and your godson Ryan got engaged. I will put one up at the wedding for you. I met with Penny and Teena to discuss a proposal a couple of months ago. They are healthy as ever-strictly vegetarian. Teena's [Marie] album is doing well of course. I went to one of her concerts on Father's Day and she spent a lot of time talking about and thanking you RJ. Everyone from Old Navy to Chevrolet to Jay Z are bumping your songs dog. You sir, will truly enjoy eternal life. Rest in peace Rick. I will always remember that I observed a lot more in you than the empty gossip that the media may sometimes suggest. You were not perfect but then, who is? You must have been great to have so many haters. You must have been great to make so many hits. You were cold blooded yet kind hearted. I remember how you changed the energy in every room you stepped into, and of course, the world forever. I am sure Mary is still a good friend of yours. You snatched Hollywood by the balls Rick James. I had the honor of viewing and listening to the many files of your recorded history as we prepared some stuff for your estate - produced by you of course. Ty dropped by a couple of months ago and blessed me with a rip of your latest songs so know that show is still going down baby! I have to run for now Rick but know that I will keep you up what's going down. I will always remember you Rick.

P.S. I just started an online TV Network called MyDBTV.com. It is kinda like YouTube and MySpace mixed. I will explain later. You will be proud of me Rick.

Your Boy Forever
Dexter Browne

3232945594
dexterbrownebox@yahoo.com
www.dexterbrowne.com
www.MyDBTV.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.