Saturday, January 6, 2007

I SHOT LISARAYE!



This image stands today as one of my most iconic images given its widespread recognizability in urban hollywood. Warner Bros. negotiated a usage fee to dispay it on the set of LisaRaye's Sitcom - "All Of Us" produced by Wil and Jada Smith.

I remember shooting this image in my home studio all the way back in 2000 when I was still a bit unsettled around the popular types. LisaRaye remains a friend of mine today as she enjoys her marriage to Mark and her life in Turks & Caicos as the "First Lady"!. They recently launched the Turks & Caicos International Film Festival in Atlanta and T&C.

LisaRaye is a beautiful woman and a talented actress who continues to show appreciation for her god given gifts through acheivement in life. I was introduced to LisaRaye and Lynn Jeter(her former Publicist) at Lynn's Office by my good friend Dame Lee who I gave a ride there. He was supposed to play in a Celeb. basketball game that LisaRaye was making an appearance and speech at. I ended up trailing with them for the entire day and had my firs shoot with LisaRaye a couple of weeks later when the subject image was captured.

I hope to have her in front o my lens soon. We shot several time over the years as I worked closely with her on her image campaigns. You go Girl!

Tech Note: This image was shot on Kodak 100SW 35mm Slide Film with a Nikon N90s fitted with a 80-200/2.8 Nikon Lens. I used one 300W Novatron with an umbrella and a light orange gel taped over the dish of the strobe. A gold reflector was used just below the cameara frame to balance the overhead angled stobe. The iso was set to 25 and the film was developed "normally", ie, two stops of overexposure. You know, glamor! It's Hollywood baby!

Dexter Browne
3232945594
brownephotography@yahoo.com
www.dexterbrowne.com
www.myspace.com/dexterbrowne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Virtual Memory sure is becoming cheaper and cheaper and cheaper. I'm curious as to when we will finally reach the rate of 1c to 1 Gigabyte.

I can't wait for the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 TB harddisk . But for now I will be happy with having a 32 gig Micro SD Card in my R4i.

(Posted on Net5s for R4i Nintendo DS.)